Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update from the Kaibab Plateau

Hey guys! We are wayyyy behind with the blogging so I thought I'd provide a brief update here while we wait to upload the more detailed chapters. Basically we have a problem with cell service availability. All the blog chapters are in my Blackberry and must be sent via cell phone. We did find service at Rainbow Point (at 9000 feet in Bryce Canyon). But the conditions were too miserable and distracting to send out the next chapter.
We are now at Jacobs Lake, AZ and found we had some computer access, so I thought I'd let you know that we are doing well and appear to be on schedule as we begin our march to the Nankoweap Trailhead in Grand Canyon National Park. Caron took a break for about 100 miles worth of additional drainage wandering in southern Utah. She has been back on the trail for the last 120 miles and we have been able to up our daily mileage a bit to stay track with the permit dates for the GC. It's all about the permit dates....


Check back soon for a more complete update!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caron,
    I was on the motorcycle at Grosvenor Arch in Utah. Hopefully, you got your pack back in service. If you end up in Moab later this summer, let me know. It would be good to have a contact there. I will be passing through on the Trans-America Trail in the first couple of days of Sept.
    Good luck on your travels. I can not imagine hoofing it for those distances over that terrain. I subscribed to the blog, so I will be keeping track.
    Cheers,
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug!

    Thanks so much for the JB Weld...it worked well. I'll be in Moab working until Labor Day, so let me know when you'll be passing through. Guess you got your new ride home okay?

    Talk to you soon, Caron

    ReplyDelete